Thursday, October 20, 2011

Oops! I forgot about my blog

It's not early onset dementia. I've just been busy.  Why don't I do a bullet list (and please refrain from asking why I didn't do a bullet list, oh, six months ago, ok?)? The following won't necessarily be in chronological or alphabetical order:


  • After Lydia camped out on the upper deck with Gene last winter, I rewarded her with an ipod Touch. How did she repay me? By taking pictures, videoing , and recording just about everything. It's interesting to see the world from her perspective. Not all of it is flattering, though. Here's a sampling:
  • That photo of me at the sink isn't very flattering, is it? But it was accurate.





  • Gene wanted a house with a pool & a shop (he had a house with a shop but not pool & no good place to put one)
  • We looked at a house with neither, and we made an offer on it the same night
  • They counter offered. We countered their counter offer. They decided not to sell. I sent the gentleman a letter asking him to let us know if he ever reconsidered. Oh, and I included a family picture. He and his lovely wife reconsidered. We got an offer the day after we listed our house.
  • We moved over Memorial Day. The family who bought our old house moved in July. Guess who had the cooler temperatures for moving? It wasn't us. They had some misty rain part of the day, but blissful temps. We were in a sauna with the heat cranked up. I grumbled. A WHOLE LOT. Then I felt ashamed because God really had placed me in a very nice home, and I feel at peace here in a way that I never even realized I didn't at our old home.
  • Drew met the sweetest, cutest young woman named Sarah. We met her, went to Texas & met her family & we LOVE them all. Her family treated us to a Texas Rangers game on the 4th of July. On the way home, I called my SIL who'd asked me if I wanted to go to Jenny Craig again. I can't honestly say that I WANTED to go to Jenny Craig, but I didn't want to look like I looked in Lydia's picture above & I do WANT to be healthy. So, she and I went to buy Jenny Craig food right after I got back home.

  • Drew graduated, passed his licensure exam & got a job. Love that young man!
  • I've lost more than 20 pounds. WOOT! I still have a long way to go, but my resting heart rate (if I'm not watching the Rangers or Razorbacks) is in the 50's. After much trial & error, I can do week 4 of Couch to 5K on the treadmill. Last week I logged 6.5 miles (walking most of it) while I watched a Rangers game.
  • Lydia learned to swim without floaties. In my brother & SIL's pool. Because my new house has neither a pool nor a shop ; ) and I am ok with that! Did I mention that I live right around the corner from my brother? 
  • I am taking some time off from teaching Sunday school for the little kids. 
  • Lydia started preschool & turned 5.
There's bound to be a WHOLE lot more I've left out, but it's a start. I'll try to update more often. Catch you later!

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Your new house is beautiful! Do you still live close to your brother with the pool?! LOVE The twinkle toe shoes! Mya has been asking for them for a year!

Football and Fried Rice said...

AND congrats on the 20#!!!!! That's a great loss!!