1. Get up earlier than you thought you would.
2. Take a shower & get ready to GO.
3. Renew your driver's license because it expires every 4 years on your birthday & this is the 4th year.
4. Take your son & daughter to eat with you at El Chico. Be sure to invite a fellow adoptive mom.
5. Allow the El Chico staff to bring you the free sopapilla, put a sombrero on your head & sing Happy, Happy Birthday, Happy, Happy Birthday, Happy, Happy Birthday from all of us to you, Ole!
6. Head out to Playtime Pizza to play black light miniature golf with two little girls who've NEVER held a putter.
7. Witness a motor vehicle accident. Thank God you weren't involved. Wonder how it could have happened without any apparent damage. Ask your son why he supposes the airbag didn't deploy.
8. Play miniature golf with 4 year old & 6 year old. Ok, watch. Try to avoid being hit by new miniature golfers (the golfers weren't miniature, the course was). Wonder how much "instruction" you can offer before you ruin the experience.
9. Watch you son & daughter in the indoor bumper cars. Record with your Flip so your spouse can watch later.
10. Go home for your daughter's nap.
11. Go to gymnastics.
12. Go to Chile's for dinner. Laugh at the really horrible service because it's NEVER been bad before. Wonder if your birthday molten chocolate cake will arrive before your NEXT birthday.
13. Go home with whole family.
14. Be thankful for the gift of a great day, and hope the rest of YOUR new year will be at least this good.
I LOVE my birthday. Did you hear the contented sigh?