Thursday, November 4, 2010

She's a hoot

Tonight, my precious daughter had me in stitches. First she was trying on dress up clothes, and asked me, "What is this?" I replied, "It's a flapper dress from the Roaring 20's." She got dressed in the purple sequined dress with fringe around the bottom, I tossed the pink fuzzy boa around her neck and turned her loose. She started waving her arms up and down saying, "Flap, flap, flap!" Cuckoo might be more appropriate than flapper.

Our bed time story tonight was Fancy Nancy's Favorite Fancy Words read by Daddy while I braided her hair. We accidentally added a new word to the lexicon. Gene read monogram, but Lydia decided MOM-o-gram was a better word. Her new word was funny enough based on a mispronunciation, but then she proceeded to enunciate "xenophile" perfectly.

1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

HA!! I love it and I have to agree with her!!

Fun to see that you guys are campers too - with satellite :) Hey - a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!!