I have a new love. Oh, I've had a crush for a couple of years now. It was love at first sight, actually. I was utterly enthralled the moment I laid eyes on the iPhone. And now I have my very own!!! Hello, 2010.
Lydia has had us pretty entertained with funny things she's said & done:
- Lydia: Mommy, are you sure? Me: Yes Lydia: Really sure? Me: Yes. Lydia: Are you positive? Me: Yes. Lydia: Seriously? At which point, all I could do was laugh.
- Lydia Sunday morning getting ready for church: I don't WANT to wear my boots cause everyone will say I'm pretty!!! Umm, ok. I didn't realize that was a bad thing. & Later in the car: Mom! Mom! I woke up with a bad mood. Well, yes, yes you did.
- She really, really didn't want to stay in her Sunday school class for the second hour when I was going to be attending the worship service. And would you believe the little Hog fan who couldn't be still for a picture (she's a movement blur & the background is perfect so it's not the camera moving) sat reasonably still for the first time ever through a whole church service?
- At our house, the cardinal rule is that the last Coke is Mine/Mom's. Gene swiped a gulp of my Coke & a siren started going off. Lydia asked what it was, and I told her it was the alarm I had on my Coke for when Daddy stole a drink. I moved it over toward her & away from Gene. She reached out & touched it and another siren started to go off. You could tell by the expression of wonder on her face that she was starting to believe me, but I began to laugh and she said, "Uh-uh! That's a fire engine!" She's NEVER been gullible. Even as a little 10 month old, you couldn't really fool her.
- Dinner consisted of black bean soup (and it is a WINNER!) tonight, and Lydia took one look in her bowl and yelled, "Black Olives!!!! I LOVE black olives!!!" She was almost as excited about the mushrooms on her pizza at lunch.
After the best game of the season, Lydia managed to eat the biggest bowl of macaroni & cheese at El Chico. Here she is after she made a happy plate/bowl: