Sunday, October 17, 2010

What fun!

Last year, Lydia toyed with the idea of riding the rides BRIEFLY. She went so far as to sit in one, but immediately changed her mind and wanted off! Part of her unwillingness to ride may have been due to the fact that she wasn't feeling well. It turned out she was running a fever, but she never complained before left the house to meet Lulu & Grace Ann.
This year, though, she climbed into her first ride with almost no trepidation at all. And once it jerked into motion, her biggest smile emerged. She didn't care who she rode with (I'm pretty sure she didn't really strike up any conversations, though), and she was willing to try any ride EXCEPT the Chinese dragon rollercoaster. Go figure. It was sort of loud, and it required that an adult ride with her. Her little hands were sweating, and she was turning her gaze away from it as we stood in line. I asked her if she really wanted to ride it, and she seemed sort of relieved to say, "No." Rather than ruin her new found confidence, I stepped out of line and let her pick a different ride.
Recent Lydia quotes:
Gene: Has anyone ever told you you're silly?
Lydia: Has anyone ever told you I'm precious?

Gene: Don't do that, Baby.
Lydia: I'm not Baby. I'm Honey!
Please. She's pretty much the queen bee.
Posted by Picasa

Ni Hao Y'all

3 comments:

Monica said...

She's right...she is precious! Lovely snapshot. Great photos.
Blessings,
Monica

Kristi said...

Looks like you guys had a great time at your fair. And I am TOTALLY cracking up at the quips your little one has. Too funny!

Rachel said...

Looks like you all had a great time! And, I will definitely be keeping you and your family in my prayers. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog:)!