Sunday, October 31, 2010

Don't eat the yellow snow

Happy Halloween, ya'll! Our town, the holiday fascists, dictated that trick or treating would happen last night. Now, why the town leaders felt they had the right to decide when I hand out candy on a holiday that isn't a state holiday is a mystery to me. Any way...

We made our annual trip to the pumpkin patch (ok, I didn't make it last year but I DID go twice the year before so I think we're still averaging one trip/year) on Friday. Cause I am nothing if not last minute. The little dog in the header? Not mine. Just happened to plop down close to that sign & I thought, "HEY! That'd be a cute header for my blog." This year, we actually took the hayride & picked the pumpkin from the patch instead of the pallets of pumpkins they have out front. Lydia found a squished pumpkin and was so sympathetic for it that I thought we were going to have to hold a memorial service for it. For REAL.
After we selected the perfect pumpkin, we had to settle for a shaved ice/snow cone. Up north, I hear, it is the custom to eat apple cider donuts. This has to be better than snow cones.  Normally, Lydia goes for blue coconut flavored stuff, but the man in line in front of us had a yellow banana snow cone which swayed Lydia's decision. Personally, I'm against eating anything that combines yellow and snow.

Drew had a Halloween party last night, and so I took a few shots of Lydia and him in their costumes. 
You're right. It's the same costume as last year. It mostly still fit, my sewing machine is in storage, and I thought it was awfully cute last year. We needed bigger boots, and I got a different hat. If I knew how to photoshop stuff, I could almost make my deck look like a ship's deck, huh? Well, I don't so this will have to do. Have a Happy Halloween & a great week.  
Ni Hao Y'all






5 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great story of the pumpkin patch. She is a cutie. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought
http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2010/10/straight-out-of-camera.html

Chelsea Gour said...

Love the pirate costume!

The Raudenbush Family said...

Who cares if it was the same as last year? It's a good one! :)

We've got a Drew and a Lydia too. :)

Erika B said...

Hm, I have to agree on that yellow snow! One supercute little pirate you have.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Erika B

Jill said...

That Lydia is the cutest little Pirate ever! DARLING!

Yellow snow? Hmmmmm, I don't think i could eat a banana snow cone either!