Sunday, June 13, 2010

Loves & Hates

Here's a list of some of Lydia's favorite things:
  • Popsicles
  • sidewalk chalk
  • bubbles
  • WATER!
  • Chickfila
  • but her number one, favorite thing? Locking doors! Oh, the JOY of running ahead of someone through an open door, slamming it shut and locking it!!!! What could be better? It's just too funny, isn't it? I know. There are those little keys that come with the door knobs, and we used to store them on top of the door frame. I, however, am short, and this is not easy for me to access. I finally wised up and got some of that yellow putty stuff and put it on the side of the door frame out of Lydia's reach but within mine.
Tonight, Gene was sitting on our upper deck which is located just off our bedroom. Lydia and I went out for just a few minutes (too hot & humid to enjoy for long), and then we went down stairs to watch a video before bed. I got a text from Gene, "Tell Lydia she's funny" I was about to reply, "huh?" when it occurred to me that she had locked him out on the upper deck. You can't climb down, there is no other entry than the sliding glass doors. I think I was both horrified AND laughing. I guess I will just have to be extra careful not to let her be inside while I'm out on the upper deck. Yikes!

So what does Lydia hate? And I don't mean she has a dislike for, I mean deep and abiding hatred: the car wash. You can scarcely get in the car without her mentioning that she doesn't want to go to the car wash. She talks about them as we drive past them, and there are a surprising number of car washes in our home town. I have no idea why she doesn't like them. We've only been to 2-3 with her. She is not afraid of water spray in her face. Oh, well. There's no explaining some things.

5 comments:

Shelle said...

well I can see Tay and Lydia would be dangerous together!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Aw, she just sounds precious... locked doors and all. (And the Tongginator has a deep and abiding fear of fishnet stockings. LOL.)

Michelle said...

Suzy,
Lydia and Addison would get along great. We'd never be able to access/exit any room!!!! Three is such a testing age!

Gina said...

How funny!

Chris said...

Oh man! Locking doors...so much fun for a three year old!!!

Lucky for your husband he had his cell phone on him.....lol :)