Last night, I had an allergic reaction to what I had for lunch - I know, it's a bizarre delayed reaction, but I don't think I can deny it any longer. I am allergic to beef. Or something they add to it. It led to me taking 3 benadryl, and not long after that, I was asleep.
Gene kindly let me sleep, and then said, as he was leaving, "You and Lydia are going to second service, right?" Uh-huh, it looked that way, but Lydia must've woken up when Gene shut the door. I figured that if I hurried, I could make it to first service. So I hurried until my hair dryer died in a fireworks display that was way too close for comfort. I had no back up hair dryer (should that be drier? whatever). I went to first service any way. I bought a new hair dryer on the way home, and I asked Gene to pick up a bulb for my van.
My luck hadn't changed yet, though. When I was opening a can, a gear broke off my can opener. I'd loaned my manual can opener to my younger sister. When it rains, it pours.