Thursday, February 4, 2010

My poor little baby girl isn't feeling well. We went to the doctor, and got 2 prescriptions she did NOT like. She slept fitfully last night, and she woke at one fussing. I went in to check on her, and the only thing that would console her was the promise that I'd lie on the floor next to her bed for a while. I dragged her big ladybug pillow over, draped a blanket over me, and the next thing I knew I was fairly stiff at 4am.

At 5am the dogs woke Lydia or Lydia woke the dogs. I brought her into my bed in the hopes of getting a little more rest if not actual sleep. Success!

However, she was still asleep at 8:30 and felt feverish. I was kicking myself for not trying to get some acetaminophen into her at 5am. What do you do, though? She needed the sleep, the struggle would have most certainly woken her up, and I'm really not at my best that early (stop laughing, Gene).

Lydia kept stirring without really waking, and I kept worrying. I leaned over and asked, "Lydia, do you want a popsicle for breakfast?" Her eyes flew open, she said, "YES!" and she was out of bed in a flash.

So, in short order, she was awake, had taken her medicine, and was better hydrated. For once, I felt like a very clever momma.

No comments: