Wednesday, November 11, 2009

That's a crock!

Remember me mentioning that I needed a new crock pot for the chili cook-off? Let me tell you something: it's a humdinger. It is so marvelous, so wonderful that MEN were admiring it. Gene was simply in awe. It started out with, "I thought you'd overfilled it. I was wondering how we were going to get it there without spilling until I notice that the LID LOCKS in to place!"

But wait! There's more! It has a retractable cord!!!! That's where it end for most of the men. I suppose it'd be even more spectacular if it had a rechargeable battery pack, a Tums dispenser, and made dovetailed joints, but even so, it drew quite a lot of admiration from the men. And I didn't even have to don a pair of fish net hose...

3 comments:

Shelle said...

ha,ha,ha...ha! Men sure love a souped up kitchen gadget don't they? Does it have a timer too, like where you can start it on high for 30 minutes and have it go down to low for the rest of the time? I was admiring one like that but didn't get past that feature to check out the rest. It was a handsome bugger compared to my "countrified" crock from the olden days.

Can you post your recipe from the cook-off so this northern girl can try it out???

Suzy said...

My old one is countrified, too, and it even has temperatures listed on the dial instead of low, medium & high. The recipe is here: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1639,138187-247194,00.html

Suzy said...

And it can be programmed, but I haven't read the manual yet.