Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sleep Interrupted

I'm a bit of a night owl. Last night, though, I was sound asleep well before midnight. The phone started ringing at about 2 AM. I slept through it for a while because only the fax machine rings, and its ringer volume is quite low. So, the first time I tried to answer it, I missed the call. And THEN I was worried because you never get good news at 2 am.

The phone rang again, and I answered, "Hello? Hello? HELLO? HELLO???!!!" all the while I'm hearing an accented voice saying, "Hello, hello, hello," and what sounds like a bunch of chattering in the back ground. I hung up. Repeat this sequence of events several times, and Gene finally went into the computer room & unplugged the fax. Eventually, my adrenaline wore off, and I went back to sleep.

I had to get up early this morning because we just can't stop improving our house, and everyone who improves houses is apparently an early bird. I was tired ALL day long. I've got my second wind now that I've run on the treadmill, but I don't want any telemarketers with accents squawking at me after midnight.

No comments: