Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today, I remember a woman half a world away. I'm not sure if this day is any different for her than yesterday or the string of yesterdays that have happened since she gave birth to Lydia a little over two and a half years ago, but I think of her today. I am limited in my ability to imagine what her life may be like, what she may have felt or be feeling about Lydia, and I am unlikely to ever meet her. I am, however, in her debt, and the only way I know to partially repay that debt is to love Lydia with all my heart, to pray for God's guidance in raising her, and to remember. May God bless her.

3 comments:

day by day said...

Oh, how true. I think of my girls' birth families All of the time. So many questions.

Happy Mom's Day to YOU!! : )

Heather said...

Beautiful post!

Shelle said...

I couldn't have said it better.