Saturday, April 11, 2009

Good Fences vs Good Neighbors

 
Posted by Picasa


Drew let the dogs out, and about 10 minutes later, he was going to put them into their runs. PANIC!!! One of our gates had been left open by the painter who is repainting our house. Hope, who is our usual escape artist, was lying on the front porch. The boys were all inside the fence. Mamie was gone.

I was about to leave for work, but I dropped everything to search for Mamie. I'd no sooner walked up the driveway than a Jeep Cherokee pulled in with Mamie riding in the driver's lap. This young man said, "I saw her running loose, and I knew you had this breed of dog." I've never seen this young man before, but I don't think I can ever thank him enough. And while that poetic line from Robert Frost's poem, "Mending Wall," that Good fences make good neighbors may be true some of the time, I was so grateful for the even better neighbor who helped me out when the fence failed to keep my dog safely inside the yard.

3 comments:

----- Jennifer ----- said...

i like your blog

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oh, thank goodness he found her! Good neighbors are better than fences, for sure!

Shelle said...

Oh my I would have freaked. Thank goodness for good neighbors!!! Luckily we have lots of them- fences are very uncommon up this way.