Saturday, March 14, 2009

I tried to talk her into the $9 tricycle...

but when she laid eyes on the slightly less eco-friendly electric Jeep, all bets were off. Who could resist a pink Jeep? And really, Mom, how practical is a trike where we live any way? Can you go off road with a trike? And seriously, even in this economy, where else could I get a deal like this besides the Duck, Duck, Goose consignment spring sale?
Can't you just feel her joy? We stay very close (and, shhhh! we keep it in the turtle gear vs. the rabbit) so we can help steer away from trees and push when the wheels start to spin. She just pushes the pedal harder when it's spinning its wheel from lack of traction - doesn't work, but it's fun to watch. I didn't really buy it as work out equipment for myself, but it sure got my heart rate up as I hiked along behind her, jogging to her rescue when she was about to hit something or when she needed a push.

It was a good day! AND the Hogs won their baseball game!!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Shelle said...

That is super cute! My niece had one of those and mattea is crazy about it. She has a little tiny boyish "off-road" thingy from a neighbor but she's too scared to push the button to go by herself. I think she needs Lydia to give her a real ride! BTW they make some off-road trikes, you should see the one our neighbor boy has- pretty inpressive but the pink jeep is way cuter!

The photos are so cute- but how could they not be? (I can't believe how long her hair is.)

Ohilda said...

Suzy,

I'm so sorry to hear about your appendix. OUCH!!!! I've definitely been there.

Thank you so much for the prayers for Kai. They are definitely being felt.

Hugs,

Ohilda

Katie said...

I would totally pick the pink jeep over a trike any day!! She's my kind of girl!! AND she is getting so big and more and more precious every day!

Gina said...

I'm so glad to see HER enjoying it. Addison got one after C-mas, and will sit in it, but will not make it go! She is scared of it!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Oh...that looks like such fun!!!

Blessings,
Robin