Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What would YOU do?

I had two patients to see today. And it was BEAUTIFUL outside. Lydia just loves to be outside, and I was wondering what would be the best way to appreciate this February day considering the glorious sunshine and higher than 70 degree temperatures after I saw those two patients? A trip to the zoo seemed like a pretty good idea. Surely, it wouldn't be too crowded, and we might see animals we wouldn't be as likely to see once it got hotter.

It wasn't crowded, and we didn't have to wait in line to ride the train (which Lydia LOVED). So, I don't know what you'd do with a fantastic sunny February day, but that's what I did with mine. Oh, and as bonus? Drew got to come, too, since he didn't have class today and didn't work until after 5pm. Two years ago, I'd have been working with no flexibility to take off to enjoy a day like today just because it was so nice. I wouldn't have thought of going to the zoo even if I had been off, but that's one of the great things about having a young child. Your horizons get a lot wider!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

a Tonggu Momma said...

What a GREAT day! We love the zoo... specifically the pandas! (I know, I know - big surprise.) Glad y'all had fun.