Sunday, September 7, 2008

Zoo & Second Razorback Game of the Season


The Razorbacks are so special that they have not one but TWO stadiums. Twice a season, the Hogs come to Little Rock to play. War Memorial Stadium is in the same area as the Little Rock Zoo, and we park very near the zoo when we go to games. Yesterday was a beautiful day, and we had free admission to the zoo plus tickets to the game. Lydia really seemed to enjoy the zoo and spending time with Lulu (Lisa) and her nephew,Logan. I played the starring role of "Woman pushing an empty stoller." I must have looked like I was shopping for a baby, but couldn't find one I wanted.

It was an unusually late night for Lydia, but she was determined to stay awake. After our usual bed time rituals, she was still fussing a little. I started recapping our day, talking about the zoo, and she suddenly says, "Giraffe." I said, "Yes, we did see some giraffes, didn't we? And a zebra," to which she said "yes" and I added, "and a monkey..." She got all excited and said, "And WATER!"

I'm sure the zoo would be so proud that all their efforts at adding water effects were so appreciated.

Lydia LOVED these cutouts. She wanted to stand in each and every one of them. I can't imagine what she was thinking.









Lydia is wearing Uncle K's cap & admiring Lulu's earrings
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Beverly said...

hello fellow arkansan. Your daughter is beautiful!

Mom To Six said...

I just wanted to drop a quick line to say that your Lydia is just adorable!!!!!!

The Ferrill's said...

Hey Suzy!
Thanks so much for your sweet comment! I am bookmarking your blog so I can remember to check in on you, girl! You've been BUSY!
What a beautiful family!
Sorry it's been so long!
Laine

Michelle said...

That is sweet that she noticed the water...kids appreciate so many things that we overlook!

I love the last picture with the backward baseball cap...too cute!!

Have a wonderful week-end!

Shelle said...

She just gets more beautiful every day!