Thursday, August 7, 2008

One year later


Lydia woke up EARLY this morning. Perhaps she knew it was a special day, and she wanted to get an early start. One year ago on August 6th, we met for the first time. Our guide, Xixi told us, "You picked the baby, the baby didn't pick you," and gently let us know that our babies might not be very excited about meeting us. Considering the enormity of the situation, I think we all handled it fairly well. It's one year later, and while the outfit she was wearing then fits better now, the biggest improvement is the smile. How blessed am I? Very, very blessed, and oh so very, very grateful for all that God has done for me.






Loving my squeaky shoes. They didn't fall off a single time today.













Sitting pretty
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

MississippiZen said...

What a beautiful daughter you have! We also dress our Lilli in her "gotcha day" outfit each year. Next March will be three years and I think it will be the first year that it won't fit :)

Congratulations on your celebration!

Shelle said...

Oh my she is getting more beautiful everytime I check in. Someone's been busy blogging and I didn't even know. Lydia's outfit fits perfectly. Mattea refused to take her oufit off that day, split pants and all, she didn't care if her rear was hanging out or not.

I still can't believe it's been a year already.