Friday, December 21, 2007

Slower than Christmas

Ok, I'll admit it. I am. Usually, I get Christmas cards out with a realistic expectation of them arriving BEFORE Christmas. For many of you, that will not be happening this year. My beloved husband even pointed out that someone else we know included a Family Update and that he'd always thought that was something I would do, too. Well, if you read the blog, you might have an idea all year long. In any case, I'll do a brief version right here:

Suzy worked her tail end off for the first 7 months of the year: 40 hours/week at the pediatric daycare and 3-9 hours of home health after that.

Drew left UofA for UALR.

Gene continues to work for the most remarkable company on the planet.

We continue to attend a fantastic church.

Gene & Suzy attended "A Weekend to Remember" and highly recommend it to others when it comes to your neck of the woods.

We received our referral for our daughter, Lydia, from China.

Gene & Suzy traveled to China, and Lydia returned home with them.

Suzy resigned from the daycare and only does home health part time now!

We got a new heating unit, new refrigerator, new oven, new dishwasher, and new microwave.

I started blogging!

When we get something faster than dial up, I'll post more pictures. I PROMISE!!!

The house is a mess quite often, I can't seem to sit down in front of the sewing machine, and I wonder how it is that I used to work so much and still send out Christmas cards. BUT (yes, it's a really big but) I am happier than I have ever been, and I am so grateful for all the blessings in my life.

Merry, Merry Christmas to all of you!
WooPigSuzy

2 comments:

Katie said...

I liked the "working part time now" part the BEST!!! My! A lot of changes for your family this year! Have a wonderful Christmas.

Suzy said...

It really has been a great year!